- The effects of alternative pretreatment strategies on anaerobic digestion and methane production from different algal strains. Bioresource Technology Volume 155, March 2014, pp. 366–372.
- Mineral and non-carbon nutrient utilization and recovery during sequential phototrophic-heterotrophic growth of lipid-rich algae. Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology, March 2014.
- Mixed Trophic State Production Process for Microalgal Biomass with High Lipid Content for Generating Biodiesel and Biogas. BioEnergy Research, April 2014.
- Total Synthesis of a Functional Designer Eukaryotic Chromosome. Science 4 April 2014: Vol. 344 no. 6179 pp. 55-58.
- Biogas Production from Algae and Cyanobacteria Through Anaerobic Digestion: A Review, Analysis, and Research Needs. Advanced Biofuels and Bioproducts 2013, pp 873-975.
Conference Poster and Talks:
Algae Biomass Summit, September 30 - October 03, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Mixotrophic/Heterotrophic Algae Growth on a Low-Cost Substrate: Linking Organic Waste Processing & Microalgae Cultivation
- Anaerobic Digestion of Post-Extracted Algal Residues: a Possibility to Double Energy Yield and Recycle Nutrients for Algae Cultivation Stage
- Integrated biofuel feedstock production and wastewater remediation: algal strains screening and process optimization
- Enzymatic hydrolysis of algal biomass and delipidated residues to enhance energy production and nutrient recycling
- Integration of Waste Treatment with Algal Cultivation for Sustainable Aquaculture Feed and Renewable Biofuel
- Integrating Anaerobic Digestion with Algal Cultivation Systems: Enhancement of Biomethane Production Through
Other publications on wastewater treatment:
- L. Subbotkin, P. Bohutskyi, A. Kopachevskyi, O. Urchenko. The problems of fish cannery waste water treatment. Congress and Technical “ETEVK-2007. Collected papers. Yalta, 2007.
- L. Subbotkin, P. Bohutskyi, A. Kopachevskyi, A. Zhigna, O. Urchenko. The experimental study of waste water treatment of fish cannery plant Noviy, Research Project # 25135, 2005.
- L. Subbotkin, P. Bohutskyi, O. Valkina, A. Kopachevskyi, V. Taranov. The technique for experimental investigation of waste water treatment optimization plating process by the electrocoagulation process. Civil Engineering & Technogenic Safety, Vol.10, 2003.
- L. Subbotkin, P. Bohutskyi, O. Valkina, A. Kopachevskyi, O. Gileva. The method for biochemical reduction of Cr6+ to Cr3+. Civil Engineering and Safety, Vol.8, 2003.
- V. Myakishev, P. Bohutskyi, L. Subbotkin. The improvement of drinking water disinfection for the extensive drinking water pipe systems. Ecology, Environment Safety, Vol.4, 2003.